Budget and fee chargingstudy places: The studies at the Latvian Academy of Culture may be funded from the national budget of the Republic of Latvia in the tender procedure, if the international applicant is a citizen of the EU, EEC, Swiss Confederation citizenor a permanent resident of the EU, provided that the applicant’s knowledge of the Latvian language corresponds to the CEFR level A2 (for further information please see:http://visc.gov.lv/en/). Otherwise the applicant is entitled only to the fee charging study places.
Full-time studies: 4 years (8 semesters)
Received degree: Bachelor of Arts
Language of Tuition: Latvian
The goal of this subprogrammeis to provide practical knowledge about cultural processes, Latvian culture, and Turkish culture. This program teaches students about the Turkish language, Turkish history, and the intercultural aspects of Turkish art, music, and theater.
Since Turkey joined the United Nations, Latvia now has a stronger and closer relationship with Turkey. Students are able to learn more about Turkey’s economy, education, and culture systems. This program prepares students to be successful in the work force by providing Turkish language specialists and other jobs in the world.
Thanks to the support of Turkey’s Education Ministry, lecturers in Turkish language are provided by Professors from Turkey. Students also have the opportunity to study abroad in Turkey with the United Nations program ERASMUS+, where they are able to get to know Turkey and the way of life of Turkish citizens.
Vēstniecības, starptautiskās organizācijas, valsts iestādes, ārzemju firmu pārstāvniecības Latvijā, tulkošana, tūrisms – tās ir tikai dažas no jomām, kurās jau šobrīd strādā Starptautisko kultūras sakaru Latvija – Turcija 2015. gada absolventi un kurās gaida darbiniekus ar labām Turcijas kultūru zināšanām.
Graduates from the Latvia-Turkey program of 2015 went on to work in embassies, international organizations, international organizations in Latvia, translation, tourism, etc., with great knowledge about Turkey’s country and culture.
The Latvia-Turkey program accepts students without prior knowledge of Turkey and its language!
- Introduction to the Theory of Culture
- Semiotics of Culture
- The History of Philosophy
- Western Philosophy of the 20th Century
- The History and Theory of World Art
- The Trends of W-European Art in the 20th Century
- The History of World Literature
- The History and Theory of World Music
- The History and Theory of World Theatre
- Background Studies: Turkey
- Cultural Relations between Latvia and Turkey in the European Context
- Foreign Language (English, German, French)
- Text Interpretation: Turkish
- The Integrated Course of Turkish
- Turkish: History and Tendencies of Development
- Business Turkish
- Turkish Language and Style
- Psychoanalysis and Culture
- History of Latvian Art
- The History of Latvian Literature
- The History of Latvia:Sources and Historiography
- The Theory of Literature
- Introduction to Research
- Introduction to the Theory of Intercultural Communication
- Introduction to the Management of Culture
- Second Foreign Language (Spanish, Italian, French etc.)
- Basics of Stage Speech
The Academy takes into account the scores of several examinations:
- The applicant takes the English (or French, or German) foreign language examination at the Latvian Academy of Culture during the entrance examinations.
- The mark(s) in the first language and literature is/are registered based on the Secondary Education Certificate’s Academic Transcript.
- Essay about a literary theme, that displays a creative reflection about the given theme, displays a balance between facts and opinions, displays the ability to argue and stand up for the student’s beliefs, and displays the ability to answer questions regarding classic and modern day cultural questions.